Genuine Toyota Parts - White Pearl (00258-00070-21)

  • And Vehicle Specific
  • Manufacturer
  • Toyota Quality Assured
  • OEM, Not After Market
  • Vehicle Specific

I had a dump trunk drop some rocks on me and gouge the plastic in my bumper. I had someone try to touch it up for me, but without extensive work, it looked pretty bad (photo 1#). Using the 040 white base coat, followed by the 070 white pearl, then the 00C clear coat with some sandpaper and polish, I was able to repair the damage myself. Be sure to clean the area well with Dawn soap to remove any wax. Avoid touching the chip with your fingers so you don't introduce oils to the area. If your plastic is gouged and has raised edges like mine (it looked like teeth marks), use sandpaper to remove any raised spots. Take your time with the base coat and use the brush. The ball point on top of the bottle is useless. Just put down enough so that it's completely white and that no metal or plastic is showing underneath or at the edges of the chip (photo #2). Once that dries, add the pearl coat. I did a few coats of that, then used 1000 and 1500 grit wet sand paper to work out any raised spots and smoothed it down (photo #3). Then I gave it one last light coat and hit it gently with 2000 grit. Once that dries, I added the clear coat. You can apply the clear coat past the edges of the chip. Once that fully dries, use 1000 grit, then 1500 grit, and finally 2000 grit wet sand paper to smooth it out. Finally, use something like Mother's polish to bring back the shine (photo #4). Give the paint a few days to cure, then add wax. I can barely tell that I had a pair of 1/2" gouges next to each other on the edge of my bumper.

As other reviewers have stated, this is a three-coat system. You will also need 00258-0000C-21 (clear coat) and 00258-00040-21 (white paint). In a nutshell, you prep the area by removing any surface grit\dirt\rust, then clean it well with isopropyl alcohol. You then lay down a thin layer of 00258-00040-21 white paint (as a base-layer). After it cures out (I waited 4 hours), apply a thin layer of 00258-0070-21 pearl paint. After it cures out (again, I waited about 4 hours), apply a thin layer of 00258-0000C-21 clear coat and let the area cure out overnight. You should be good to go for washing and or waxing in about 3-4 days, but I waited a week, just to play it safe. You'll definitely want to apply this when it's warm-to-hot out, and not any cooler than about 65° F. If you can do this in the garage, all the better, as there will be no dew to settle on the area, overnight.

BLIZZARD PEARL REQUIRES A BASE COAT OF TOYOTA PART # 040 AVAILABLE HERE ON AMAZON. This is a translucent "sparkly" pearl paint that goes between the white base coat (040) and the clear coat (00C). Apply base coat let dry completely then apply this coat and let dry completely and then apply the final clear coat. With these steps you will be happy with results.

Good color match, the paint goes on easily and corrects imperfections in the finish. The tip had a sanding pen built into it (unlike the model shown in the picture), so I didn't actually need to buy a separate sanding pen. If you prep the areas to be covered, you can get good adhesion and color match using this pen. It won't look like it never happened from 2 feet, but it will help from 15 feet away. It sure beats letting rust overtake a good body panel.

I just purchased a used RAV4. It is in great shape but has several pits on the hood. This paint is an exact match. Use the ceramic sander on any rust and smooth out the sharp paint edges before applying the touch up paint and you'll be happy. I recommend this paint.

My husband clipped our original one when leaving the garage, so we got this hoping it would do the job and it DID I was very pleased and it was easy to put on the car

No problems, I recommend you practice on cardboard first to learn to control the paint flow. Will take many coats to build up to existing surface level but worked very nicely!

I assume it is fine as I just bought the car and needed the paint, “just in case”. Arrived when promised and is as described. Amazon vendor performed well.

Bought for 2015 RAV4 to touch up. Works great.

Matches blizzard pearl(Toyota) or Lexus Starfire Pearl. Worked well on my GX460 can tell its a touch up but will prevent any rust from chipped paint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liking something and being good at it isn’t the same

Sadness 'Yellow' of Tokyo Olympic Volunteers